Starlight Investigations (the trading name of Starlight Solutions Ltd) is providing this site on an as is basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Starlight Investigations make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Starlight Investigations howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Starlight Investigations nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Use of this web site/services provided signifies your agreement to these terms.
Starlight Investigations shall provide the following services (“services“) to the Client in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement: Services include, but are not limited to Tracing, Surveillance, Background checks, Asset location, Pre-employment checks, Missing person/s location, vehicle tracking, process serving and matrimonial matters.
Delivery of the Services
- Start date: Starlight Investigations shall commence the provision of the services at a time agreed by both parties.
- Completion date: Starlight Investigations shall complete/cease to provide the services either when the objective of the services has been achieved or when Starlight Investigations deems fit.
Starlight Investigations will not be held responsible for loss of the subject of any surveillance operation, due to weather, traffic or other uncontrolled conditions.
Starlight Investigations will endeavour to provide all of its services within the shortest amount of time possible.
Under certain circumstances, will offer you the option of having daily surveillance updates. On these occasions, we or our agents may not provide full written reports. We will advise you of this upon receipt of your instructions or as soon as it is operationally possible.
On some occasions, it may not be possible to provide photographic evidence during surveillance. This will mainly be due to close quarter surveillance. However, we will where possible, endeavour to utilise covert body worn equipment in these circumstances. However, this cannot be guaranteed and you will be notified of such as soon as is operationally possible.
In the event that a retrace is refused and refund requested, we reserve the right to charge an administration charge of £ 25.00. This charge will apply unless agreed otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Subject to the Client’s obligation to pay the cost of the services to Starlight Investigations, Starlight Investigations liability in contract, tort or otherwise (including negligence) arising directly out of or in connection with these terms or the performance or observance of its obligations under these terms and every applicable part of it shall be limited in aggregate to the cost of the services.
- To the extent it is lawful to exclude the following heads of loss and subject to the Client’s obligation to pay the cost of the services, in no event shall Starlight Investigations be liable for any loss of profits, goodwill, loss of business, loss of data or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
- Nothing in this Clause 2.3 will serve to limit or exclude either party’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its own negligence.
Terms and Termination
- These terms shall be effective on the date hereof and shall continue, until the Completion Date.
- Either Party may terminate this Agreement upon notice in writing if the other is in breach of any material obligation contained in this Agreement, which is not remedied (if the same is capable of being remedied) within 7 days of written notice from the other Party so to do; or
- a voluntary arrangement is approved, a bankruptcy or an administration order is made or a receiver or administrative receiver is appointed over any of the other Party’s assets or an undertaking or a resolution or petition to wind up the other Party is passed or presented (other than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or any analogous procedure in the country of incorporation of either Party or if any circumstances arise which entitle the Court or a creditor to appoint a receiver, administrative receiver or administrator or to present a winding-up petition or make a winding-up order in respect of the other Party.
- Any termination of this Agreement (howsoever occasioned) shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either Party nor shall it affect the coming into force or the continuance in force of any provision hereof which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such termination.
- The Client agrees that the Client is solely responsible for complying with any laws, taxes, and tariffs applicable in any way to the services contemplated herein.
- The Client will hold harmless, protect, and defend Starlight Investigations, its subcontractors and agents from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, fine, or tariff or any failure to comply with any such laws, taxes and tariffs.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms, neither Starlight Investigations nor any of its employees or agents warrants that the services will be uninterrupted.
- In no event will Starlight Investigations be liable to the Client or any third party for any damages including, but not limited to: service interruptions caused by Acts of God, power failures or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to provide the Services, failure of any service provider, of any telecommunications carrier, of any sub-contractor, even if Starlight Investigations has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This agreement constitutes the sole agreement between Starlight Investigations and the Client regarding any services provided by Starlight Investigations.
Ordinarily we will accept payment of Charges by credit card, debit card, charge card, cheque, direct debit, bank deposit and electronic transfer, but we reserve the right to refuse any payment method if we have reasonable cause to believe such payment may be dishonoured.
The customer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to Starlight Investigations by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which the customer may have or allege to have for any reason whatsoever. All payments, unless otherwise agreed, are due within 7 (seven) days of Starlight Investigations advising the client that the case has been completed. We will not discuss the contents of our reports in any detail until the due has been paid in full.
You agree to pay all fees and charges (and applicable taxes) incurred which relate to the provision and/or use of the services, in accordance with the rates and Terms and Conditions established from time to time by Starlight Investigations. Any and all amounts payable for services shall be payable in advance and Starlight Investigations shall not be required to refund to you, in whole or in part, any amounts paid or prepaid for use of any Services, unless otherwise agreed.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, you hereby irrevocably authorise Starlight Investigations to charge your credit or debit card for damages, additional service time, and/or any charges due and not immediately paid by you.
Unless you notify Starlight Investigations in writing of any discrepancies or unauthorised charges within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card statement, PayPal statement or carrier bill, they will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes, including resolution of enquiries made by your card issuer. You release Starlight Investigations from all liabilities and claims of loss resulting from any error or discrepancy that is not reported to Starlight Investigations within sixty (60) days of its first appearance on an invoice, credit card statement or carrier bill.
Starlight Investigations do not offer refunds unless agreed at the outset of any investigative work undertaken by Starlight Investigations. If a trace provided by Starlight Investigations proves to be inaccurate within 30 (thirty) days of us notifying you, the client, of the trace being completed, we will either provide a FULL refund or initiate a retrace, without further charge being made by Starlight Investigations.
If more than one day of surveillance is booked, we reserve the right to charge one day as a cancellation charge. This charge covers preliminary works undertaken by our agents.
If a client withholds and relevant case detail or information when instructing us, which later becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any and all agreement/s between us and the client. Furthermore, any payments made will not be refunded.
All fees are payable in full, before we will send the client any details relating to the report, reports or part thereof. This stands unless prior arrangement is are between client and Starlight Investigations.
Some fees may be payable in full, in advance. We will notify you of this upon acceptance of your instructions.
DEFAULT IN PAYMENT
- In default of due payment of its invoice, Starlight Investigations may in its absolute discretion and irrespective of any other rights maintain an action against the customer for the invoice sum upon which interest shall be payable at the rate of 2% per calendar month or part thereof from the date of the invoice until payment.
- The customer shall indemnify Starlight Investigations against any legal costs which it may reasonably incur to recover its invoice sum.
We reserve the right to instruct Debt Collectors in the case of a fee being unpaid. ALL costs incurred will be passed onto “The Client.”
In the event of cancellation by the client of any service prior to the service being started, the client shall be responsible for all costs incurred by the company. Payment of these costs becomes due immediately.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the same shall be determined by the English Courts.